Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Good Times.

Let's see... we're forcing the playground issue, despite the mud and slush and Elliot seems to be loving it.

It's crazy to think back to my postings about a month ago, about how crazy it was with Elliot not sleeping well and having been sick, etc. He's been an absolute doll lately (eh, do I dare risk saying that, jinxing us?!). For the past 3 or 4 days, he's been in fabulous moods, talking and making noises all day, laughing at himself, doing things to get attention for being cute (like wrapping his blanket around his head like a hood or a cape). He's also been sleeping awesome-- long, over 3-hour naps, and going to bed really well without a peep for 11-12 hours. Funny, whenever a stint like this comes along, I anticipate when the next major upset will be. We haven't had this fun and entertaining of a stretch like this ever, I think.

He's done much less of pushing our buttons like he was last week and more about discovering and being silly. For example, I was on the phone with my brother for about 30 minutes the other night and Elliot kept himself busy with stepping in and out of the shower. He'd balance a little on the small step, let his feet slip off, giggle, scoot behind the shower curtain, and laugh like it was this neat discovery when he reappeared. Over and over and over.

I always thought I was more of an infant-lover, but when the toddlers are cute, they're really cute. It's also the exponential development that you can see, the interaction, and the joy of discovery that takes place on a daily basis. Super neat.


Really, truly, I have NO IDEA what's going on here. Do I dare ask? Or, was this almost one of those days where they played too hard to bother with getting dressed? (A few days ago, Elliot woke up at 3:30pm and Pat sheepishly said, "Eh, he's still in his pjs..." as if I wouldn't have noticed (or commented for that matter!).)


I just love this one-- having to include Teddy in the reading. Elliot has started pretending, too, when prompted, and will make sure Teddy gets some milk, Cheerios, whatever he might be enjoying. He'll also pretend to read to the bear, but usually it's more getting him to sit upright on the chair while Elliot proceeds to climb on top of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment