Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Just So Cute!

After not going to sleep on the mattress on the floor last night until after 10:30p, I was sure Elliot would be a mess today.  About midnight, he awoke crying because he had wriggled off the top end onto the floor and Pat put him back in the crib for the night.  However, he slept in until 10am (rare that he catches up for being up late!), and Pat managed to convince him to try the nap on the mattress on the floor again with, "Big boys don't get out of bed when it's naptime."  It must have worked...

Over 3 hours later, I peaked in on Elliot. He was laying down, knees propped up, with his little blanket completely over his head, face, everything. I whispered, "Are you still sleeping?" He responded with a miniature, crisp, "Yes." I crawled down onto the mattress, peered at him through the blanket holes, and said softly, "Do you want me to leave you in here for a little bit longer?" Another miniature, "Yes." I replied, "Ok, I'll crack your door, just come out when you're ready," with a big head nod from him to acknowledge this was just fine. So cute.

I really wanted to snap a photo, but I didn't want to disturb the rest of his slumber.








No comments:

Post a Comment