Monday, September 28, 2009

Elliot goes to school and Anita and Alejandro visit.




First, Friday I took Elliot into school. Man oh man, did he get attention!! I think I recall one of the first teachers who walked into the office when I was there stepping back into the hall and hollering, "Elliot's here!" I forgot how much of the teaching profession is nurturing women! (No offense, men.) He was held and held, fed, changed, and everyone reminded everyone else to use hand-santizer. I didn't have to say or do much at all and Elliot did his fair share of smiling and flirting. It was so nice of everyone to spend their time with Elliot and me-- I know how it is on Friday afternoons when you just want to wrap up and get out the door, and then a visitor like me comes along and detains you for another hour! So thanks to the Byrne family for the warm visit!


Then, our friends, Anita and Alejandro (who was the best man in our wedding) flew in from San Francisco, without their kids. They had a weekend away, staying downtown, for their 5th anniversary. What an anniversary trip-- they spent almost every moment with us!! We loved it and they seemed to as well. Elliot got lots of loving from an expert mom (their kids: Samuel is 3 and Tomas is 2). They are friends from the same circle as Dave and Jen (who have Avery, the day younger friend), so we all went out for Columbian food on Friday night. I haven't laughed that hard in a very long time. The kids were so well behaved at the restaurant. The massive amount of meat consumed was obnoxious.


Dave and Jen, then, graciously offered to keep Elliot while we went out to dinner with Anita and Alejandro on Saturday. The mom nerves were there of course when we walked out the door, but we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and knew he was in excellent care. After our reservation was given away at the first restaurant (Lebanese food), and we tried another (Italian) that told us the wait was "not bad" on the phone but then was 40 minutes, we ended up at a lovely place that served comfort food in a trendy setting. I kept wanting to call, NOT to check on Elliot, but to let Dave and Jen know why we were delayed, and got lots of grief for it from the guys! Ended up without cell phone service there, so I was forced to sit back and let go.


The evening out was so lovely. So, thanks to Dave and Jen!!


(Last week we watched Avery so they could go out for their anniversary. We did a-ok with two infants but never wish for twins. They admitted that once they were out the door, they walked in silence for a good while, enjoying the quiet...)


Sunday was a BBQ altogether at the Reis' and now, today, I am sure everyone is worn out. The weekend was awesome, but it is good to stay in today and take a break from socializing.


We are doing really poorly as parents with regards to keeping a camera handy. I don't know how many times I said this weekend, "Geez, I forgot the camera again!" I wish I had captured more of the moments this weekend.


1 comment: