Friday, November 13, 2009

Zombie leads to cereal.





Elliot had been doing wonderfully with sleeping 7-8 hours consistently and I was feeling fine. Well, he hit a growth spurt almost 3 weeks ago now, and he has needed full feedings during the night ever since, anywhere from 3-5 hours apart. I have felt like a zombie, hoping each night that he's out deep enough to last, and voila, there's the crying on the monitor at 2am... 4am... There's no hope of him crying it out and the pacifier doesn't work, he's just hungry. He eats, then conks right back out for another 3 or 4 hours. It's not the end of the world, since he doesn't stay up to play or anything, but I need a break, as he's eating every 2-3 hours during the day with this growing.  I wish I could see more "chunk" on him for the effort he's making to grow!

I keep waiting for him to get in his groove again, but alas, there's been no signs of it.  I hate to complain, as this is typical baby stuff, but he spoiled me early on!  I figure he needs more in his belly to get him through the night now. Thus, we started him on cereal last night. Of course, more went down the front of him than down the inside of him, but hopefully it will help eventually. He seemed really asleep, as you can see... and I was relieved. Until 2am came and a hungry boy awoke.

Last night, when the cat crawled all over me trying to get me to feed her at 5am, I lost my cool. The cat almost became splat. Declaration: No more cats allowed in our room at night.


No comments:

Post a Comment